- Published: 19 September 2019 19 September 2019
- Hits: 196 196
National Order of the Arrow Conference
August 3 – August 8, 2020 at Michigan State University
The National Order of the Arrow Conference is Scouting’s second largest national program event. NOAC is growing in popularity because it is planned and carried out by Arrowmen. Youth involvement ensures the conference will be exciting, relevant, and non-stop fun.ATTENDANCE: All Arrowmen who are registered members of the Boy Scouts of America and have their council’s approval are eligible to participate in the 2020 NOAC. All participants must register as a delegate of a council contingent or be a member of the conference staff. Registration is not limited, but each lodge must have more youth that adults attending. Therefore we have placed a temporary limit on the number of adults who can register. As the youth (aged 20 and below at the time of NOAC) register, we will open more and more slots for the adults. If you find the adult slots FULL, then please register and get on the wait list, and we will notify you as the slots open, in the order of sign-ups. Hopefully everyone who wished to attend will be able to go!
CONTINGENT CONFERENCE FEE: $650.00 which includes the OA conference fee of $545.00 plus Three Fires Council contingent merchandise and regalia (choices may include hat, daypack, council NOAC patch sets, T-shirts or polos.) This fee does NOT include transportation costs to and from NOAC.**
Payments are due to the Three Fires Council as follows: (You may pay these separately or all at once using the same online registration.)
- 1st Payment due with registration: $100.00 (The $100 is non-refundable, but it is transferable*.)
- 2nd Payment due: $250.00 - By Sat, Jan 4, 2020
- 3rd and Final payment due: $300 – By Mon April 6, 2020
*The $100.00 per-person deposit is transferable to a substitute contingent participant (youth or adult) within our council on a one-for-one basis, but it is nonrefundable and may not be applied to the balance due for another person. All requests for cancellation must be made in writing to the OA Advisor (Glen Parks). Participants canceling their reservation after June 30, 2020, will forfeit their entire conference fee.
**Transportation to and from the University will once again be based on need. Contingent youth & adults have the option of providing their own transportation. The lodge can help arrange carpools. The lodge can also provide bus transportation if necessary for an additional fee.
***OA Scholarships are available on an as needed basis and can cover up to ½ of the Contingent Fee.
Participants will return home with:
- A deeper understanding of the Scout Oath, Scout Law, Order of the Arrow Obligation, and what it means to "live" these words in one’s daily life.
- A renewed spirit, pride, and enthusiasm for Scouting and the Order of the Arrow.
- Ideas our lodge can use to better serve Scouting at the unit, district and council levels.
- New programs, knowledge and skills to improve our lodge and chapter operations.
- Enhanced leadership skills and a better understanding of how to carry out the work of our lodge.
- The latest information on outdoor and high-adventure programming, including how to successfully promote Boy Scout camping.
- New friendships with fellow Arrowmen from throughout the nation.
- Memories to last a lifetime!
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CONTACT: